The Okuma Helios SX Baitcast Reel is the latest addition to the deep lineup of smooth running, long casting Helios low-profile baitcast reels that anglers have come to enjoy. For 2019, Okuma has brought forward the Helios SX, with a sleek new look and revamped internal functions to keep you on the water longer.
The Helios SX Baitcast reel was designed with the serious bass angler in mind. The revamped internal 12-point adjustable velocity control system will keep you dialed in and backlash free. The new friction free disengaging spool shaft system allows for longer casting.
The Helios SX brings its technology to three distinct gear ratios. A 6.6:1, 7.3:1, or lightning fast 8.1:1 gear ratio will have you covered on each of the techniques you employ while out on the boat. The 7.3:1 gear ratio all comes in a left handed model. The Japanese ABEC-5 spool bearing complement the 11 total bearings found in the Helios SX.
The key features on the Helios SX Baitcast reel are the new internal velocity control system, the friction free disengaging spool shaft design, and a new, larger handle design with 100mm of throw for the ultimate in cranking power and feel. The Helios SX is built with rigid diecast aluminum frame and side plates as well as a machined aluminum spool for unlimited strength.
- ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum frame and sideplates
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- Machined aluminum, ported spool for reduced weight
- Aluminum gears for tournament feel and reduced weight
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag system for power and smoothness
- Micro-click static drag star for precision drag settings
- Friction free shaft system allows for longer casts
- 10BB + 1RB stainless steel bearings for ultimate smoothness
- Precision Japanese ABEC-5 spool bearings, maximize freespool
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- New generation 12-point adjustable Velocity Control System
- Oversized carbon fiber 100mm length handle for max cranking power
- Helios SX reels are backed by a 3-year limited warranty
|Bearings||Gear Ratio||Line Per Handle Turn||Wt.(oz.)||Mono Capacity (Lb. Test / Yards)||Drag Max|
|HSX-266V||10BB+1RB||6.6:1||28.0″||6.3||160/10, 130/12, 95/14||14-LBS|
|HSX-273V||10BB+1RB||7.3:1||31.5″||6.3||160/10, 130/12, 95/14||14-LBS|
|HSX-281V||10BB+1RB||8.1:1||35.0″||6.3||160/10, 130/12, 95/14||14-LBS|
|HSX-273VLX||10BB+1RB||7.3:1||31.5″||6.3||160/10, 130/12, 95/14||14-LBS|